We would love to know if you have made this recipe. Please tell us about it or send a picture of your culinary creation on Facebook.
Extra Special Pumpkin Pie Recipe
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cold butter — cut into pieces
3 tablespoons whipping cream
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon packed golden brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
16 ounces canned pumpkin
3/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sour cream
3 large eggs — beaten
1/4 cup apricot preserves
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 350F.
- Blend first 3 ingredients in food processor until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Add cream and process until moist clumps form.
- Gather dough into ball, flatten into disk.
- Wrap in plastic; chill 15 minutes.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to 14-inch round.
- Transfer dough to 9-inch glass pie dish.
- Trim overhang to 1 inch. Fold overhang under.
- Make cut in crust edge at 1/2 inch intervals.
- Bend alternate edge pieces inward. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Line crust with foil, pressing firmly.
- Bake until sides are set, about 10 minutes. Remove foil.
- Bake crust until pale brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325F.
- Spread preserves over crust; pour in filling.
- Bake until filling puffs at edges and center is almost set, about 55 minutes.
- Cool on rack. Cover; chill until cold. (Can be made 1 day ahead.)
- For Filling
- Using whisk, mix first 6 ingredients in bowl until no lumps remain.
- Blend in pumpkin, whipping cream, sour cream and eggs.