We would love to know if you have made this recipe. Please tell us about it or send a picture of your culinary creation on Facebook.
2 cups pumpkin puree
2 lbs cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp grated nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup gingersnap crumbs
1 cup heavy cream (or whipped cream)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat over to 325°F.
- Sprinkle the gingersnap crumbs onto the bottom and sides of a well-buttered 9-inch springform pan. Chill until ready for filling.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, salt, and eggs until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree and continue to beat until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the chilled springform pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn off the oven and let the cake stand in the open oven for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Carefully remove the sides of the springform pan.
- In a chilled bowl, whip the heavy cream and spread it over the top of the cake.
- Top with chopped pecans.
Makes 10-12 servings