We would love to know if you have made this recipe. Please tell us about it or send a picture of your culinary creation on Facebook.
2 pounds pumpkin, peeled
2 onions, chopped
6 cups stock
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 cup cold water
1 cup light cream
- Cut pumpkin into 1/2-inch cubes, removing seeds and fiber.
- Place in a saucepan with the onions, stock and seasoning.
- Cook over low heat until pumpkin is soft, about 1 hour.
- Purée pumpkin in blender.
- Return to saucepan.
- Combine flour and water and stir until smooth.
- Add to the soup, stirring constantly, until it begins to boil.
- Add cream. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped parsley to serve.