We would love to know if you have made this recipe. Please tell us about it or send a picture of your culinary creation on Facebook.
3 cups pumpkin purée, canned or freshly prepared
1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 lb. unsalted butter, melted
1-1/4 lb. (4-1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
2 tbs. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 tbs. ground cinnamon
3 tbs. ground ginger
Dash of ground cloves
Dash of white pepper
1-1/2 cups golden raisins
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a muffin pan (or use muffin papers, preferably foil). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, pumpkin purée, brown sugar, sugar, and butter.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and pepper.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, stirring until just mixed. Gently fold in the raisins.
- Scoop about 1/2 cup batter into each muffin tin so that the curve of the batter is even with the rim of the cup.
- Bake the muffins in the middle of the oven 30-35 minutes. Muffins should be firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in center should come out clean.
- Remove the muffins once pan has cooled.
Makes about 20 muffins