We would love to know if you have made this recipe. Please tell us about it or send a picture of your culinary creation on Facebook.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
1 quart water
2 tbs. salt
2 cups pumpkin seeds
1 tbs. vegetable oil or melted, unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- seeds and remove any cut seeds. Remove as much of the stringy fibers as possible.
- Bring the water and salt to a boil. Add the seeds and boil for 10 minutes. Drain, spread on kitchen towel or paper towel and pat dry.
- Place the seeds in a bowl and toss with oil or melted butter.
- Spread evenly on a large cookie sheet or roasting pan.
- Place pan in a preheated oven and roast the seeds for 30 to 40 minutes. Stir about every 10 minutes, until crisp and golden brown.
- Cool the seeds, then shell and eat or pack in air-tight containers or zip closure bags and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Makes 2 cups