Pumpkin Main Courses
We would love to know if you have made this recipe. Please tell us about it or send a picture of your culinary creation on Facebook.
Sugar-Spiced Pork Chops with Chipotle Pumpkin Sauce
4 (1-inch thick) boneless pork chops
1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
1 chipotle pepper, snipped into tiny pieces
1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
1/4 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
2 tablespoon s chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine pumpkin, chipotle pepper, salsa, Parmesan and nutmeg.
- Cook until the mixture almost boils, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle evenly over pork chops.
- Cook 8-10 minutes, or until done, turning occasionally.
- To serve, spoon a generous 1/3 cup of the pumpkin mixture over the bottom of each of four serving plates.
- Place pork chops on top of mixture; garnish with chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
Makes 4 Pork Chops