We would love to know if you have made this recipe. Please tell us about it or send a picture of your culinary creation on Facebook.
Traditional Pumpkin Pie
2 cups pumpkin purée, canned or freshly prepared
1 unbaked pie shell (9-inch)
1 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup milk (may substitute with cream)
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
1/4tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare pie shell if necessary
- In a large bowl, combine ingredient and mix well until smooth.
- Pour pumpkin filling into pie shell.
- Cover the edge of pie with foil.
- Bake pie for 15 minutes then remove foil.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for an additional 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly on wire rack.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream.
Makes 8 servings