We would love to know if you have made this recipe. Please tell us about it or send a picture of your culinary creation on Facebook.
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
1 350-g box of silken firm tofu, drained
1 heaping cup of cooked or canned pumpkin
1 to 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, not packed tight
1 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground dry ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoons nutmeg
1 pie crust
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Blend the tofu in a food processor until smooth and cream-like (about four minutes).
- Add the cooked pumpkin and blend some more.
- The result should be a light orange-colored paste with no lumps of tofu.
- Put the pumpkin paste into a large mixing bowl and add the sugar, salt, and spices.
- Mix well and spoon it into the pie crust
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until the crusts are dark brown
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Topped with whipped cream or ice cream.